Join the Past Team
Wanted Volunteers for Black Creek Pioneer Village
Be a Volunteer at Black Creek Pioneer Village to meet new people who share your interest in history, to help preserve Canada's heritage for future generations and most of all, to have fun!
Who Volunteers at Black Creek Pioneer Village?
- University & College Students
- Retired Individuals
- Working Adults
- Parents whose children are at school
- High School Students
* Volunteers must be 15 years of age or older
There are many volunteer roles at Black Creek
- Sew 19th century reproduction clothing
- Tend heritage gardens and work with heritage seeds
- Care for farm animals and their living space
- Teach Canadian history to visiting families and school groups
- Share expertise in Victorian material culture
- Run activities and crafts at our Special Events
- Research life in 1860's Ontario
- Catalogue artifacts and artifact storage areas
- Maintain the grounds of a historic cemetery
- Help repair and paint historic buildings and fences
Find Black Creek Pioneer Village volunteer opportunity details here »
Why volunteer at Black Creek Pioneer Village?
As a volunteer you will:
- Preserve Canada's heritage for future generations
- Meet new people
- Develop new skills and share expertise
- Gain work experience in a museum setting
- Earn a discount at all Village shops
- Receive discounts at other Toronto museums and attractions
- Be invited to attend our annual Volunteer Appreciation Day
- Receive free admission to Black Creek Pioneer Village
- HAVE FUN
Want to join the Past Team?
Every 6 to 8 weeks, we hold information sessions for interested applicants.
At these sessions,
- we discuss the application process,
- describe volunteer opportunities in detail,
- and answer your questions about the program.
If you would like to join our volunteer team or get more information
you may call or email to sign up for the next session:
Supervisor, Historic Programs
416 736 1733 ext 5407